17. November 2017 13:45
Government approval of Lifespan RdSAP 9.93 software has been received following detailed testing by the Building Research Establishment. The new software provides Energy Performance Certificates (EPC) and SAP ratings for residential buildings throughout the UK.
The new RdSAP version 9.93 will be launched officially by the Department of Communities and Local Government (DCLG) on the 19th November 2017 for immediate use.
The key changes in RdSAP 9.93 includes the following:
Key 'data input' changes
- On the <Main Heating System (2)> page, you can now select a heat pump (from the Product Database) that provides 'domestic hot water only'.
- On the <Walls> page, the 'standard' wall u-values have largely changed.
- On the <Improvement Measures> page, there is an additional improvement measure which is named 'B4 – Party Wall Insulation'.
- On the <Classification> page, a new option has been added to the <Transaction Type> dropdown named 'Stock condition survey'.
- There is also additional data input validation.
Minor 'data input' changes
- A new checkbox has been added to the <Assessment Details> page which is named <Pre RdSAP 2012 (9.92) Source Data>. This allows for input of pre 9.92 data. Checking this activates a new option on the <Party Wall – Construction Type> dropdown named 'No information (pre 9.92 survey)'.
- A new checkbox has been added to the <Assessment Details> page which is named 'Notify Assessor of EPC Lodgement'. Unchecking this stops the assessor from receiving an email when the EPC has been lodged.
Minor RdSAP calculation changes
- There have been numerous minor changes to the RdSAP calculation as a result of minor changes/clarifications to the RdSAP documentation and approval process.
Non RdSAP related changes to the main 'property list' page
- Most of the objects on the main 'property list' page have been rearranged.
- A number of Energy Performance Reports have been added to the menu on the main 'property list' page.
The software has also been written with a colour system to help assessors identify new fields and those that have changed:
Light Green: New data inputs
Light Blue:Modified data inputs
In preparation for the release we would strongly suggest that all EPCs currently awaiting lodgement are lodged prior to the end of play on Friday 17th November to avoid encountering any issues that may occur with 3rd party dependencies such as the Central Government Register. Lifespan RdSAP v9.93 will be made available on Sunday 19th November, however as there are many dependencies that implementation is reliant on we would suggest delaying any work on the system until Monday.
Lifespan RdSAP is the preferred choice for assessors accredited with the Sterling Accreditation and is fully integrated into Lifespan's leading asset management housing software and other Lifespan software products such as Carbon in Homes.